Leading Trad - Two day course
At the trad climbing clinic, we will teach the knowledge and skills required to lead traditionally protected single-pitch routes.
Course highlights include:
- Care and selection of traditional climbing gear
- Efficient and effective gear placement
- Introduction to modern traditional technique
- Anchor building techniques and management
- Leader safety in a single pitch environment
- Meet your guide at the program area in the morning 8:30 a.m.
- Selection, use and care of traditional gear
- Practical applications of both passive and active protection
- Introduction to traditional anchors for leaders
- Introduction to single-pitch leading procedures
- Discuss traditional racking techniques
- Discussion of lead climbing strategies, both physical and mental
- Mock single-pitch leading practice
- Discussion of falling, fall factors, and how they apply to the leader
- Continued mock leading practice
Cost and Details
Max Ratio - 5:1 (Climber:Guide)
Capacity - 5
Minimum Enrollment - 2
Climber Requirements: Ability to safely top-rope belay and ability to follow a minimum of 5.8 in the climbing gym. Bring whatever gear you have!
Cost Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions: Included in the course cost is all climbing gear, climbing permits, and the guide fee.
Exclusions: Not included in the course cost is gratuities to guide, transportation, lodging/camping fees, meals while on the course, or travel insurance.